Moving into the
Living Present Moment
As the consciousness shifts from being self-directed to the divine, the soul moves into the present moment; its new inventive space where it’s a creative witness to the Spirit of God.
Moment by moment like drops of water, our consciousness creates our reality. The past consists of a myriad of reflections of those accumulated drops, and our interpretations of those past reflections determine our future drops. Full of error, the self-determined consciousness creates muddled and disharmonious pools of water that are brimming with heartache, suffering, afflictions and pain. Bound in this destructive creation cycle, the soul continues to manifest error, thus suffering.
Governed by divine love and absolute truth, the divine consciousness creates harmonious drops that create eternal and ever-expanding joy, peace, rest, wisdom, and love. Each drop of this consciousness that is released into the present moment is in harmony with all the others because these drops are divinely governed from within. An ever-growing expression of a divine soul emerges as one moment perfectly supports all other moments. This dynamic creates the living and ever-expanding present moment.
As the soul learns from the Spirit of Truth, it begins to gain harmonious conceptual frameworks from the truth he imparts. So, within the soul’s experience of the dark disharmonious and chaotic waters of the self-determined consciousness, a harmonious bubble of truth methodically forms as a divine soul structure. The soul’s present moment is not only filled with its disharmonious waters, but also it’s pregnant with the conceptual frameworks of truth that are waiting for the breath of life of the divine consciousness to become active in the soul’s experiential reality.
When the necessary conceptual frameworks are gained so that this inner part of the soul can unite to the divine consciousness, then by transformative grace the Spirit fills the conceptual frameworks and brings the divine soul into the light as it manifests the light from within the soul. The light is created moment-by-moment as the drops of divine consciousness create a reality reflecting the Spirit of God. It’s the ever expanding living present moment. Like the rising sun, each moment layers upon the next in perfect harmony with all other moments, so that the present possesses an eternal living nature allowing it to become increasingly more glorious. In any one moment, the interwoven perfection of all the moments is seen. In this, the soul takes on an immortal reflection. The soul ascends to abide in the present moment where the Spirit of God dwells.
The Present Moment
The present moment is fleeting to the self-determined consciousness that is confined to mindsets dictated by the past and its future. But to the divine consciousness it is home.
As the soul begins to transform into a divine consciousness, so that the bubble of truth becomes filled with the Spirit of Divinity, it begins to enter into the present moment through shifts of awareness in its consciousness. The present that was always fleeting begins to open up and become the space in which the soul dwells, because it’s where the Spirit of God dwells.
The past is memory and the future is imagination. The only real moment is the present moment. This is the space where the Spirit of God encounters his created reality as his Spirit streams through the soul. Yet, in the self-determined consciousness this moment is ungraspable. It’s impossible for the soul to fully live in it, thus in oneness with the presence of God. However, with the divine consciousness that creates harmony between every moment, the present opens up to be a moment where the soul can abide with the Spirit of God.
Opening of the Present Moment
When the present moment opens as a dwelling place for the soul, the Spirit of God enters into the soul’s expressive reality. As the Spirit is divine love, the soul experiences divine love flooding into its essence, and out toward all of creation in one continuous movement; a love with the ability to end all suffering. These fluid and cohesive droplets of the divine consciousness begin to manifest reflections of the Spirit of God in reality. Thus the soul begins to experience living present moments, which create the eternal light.
There are various transformative conceptual frameworks at work within the consciousness as it shifts into the divine consciousness. The constructs below enable the quality of present-mindedness of the divine consciousness to exist within the soul, thus for the soul to exist in the present moment.
- Divine Forgiveness. Divine forgiveness is a characteristic of divine love that enables this love to always extend itself in its fullness when emotional pain, thus separation, has occurred, as if the pain never occurred. The grace that flows in this love produces a supernatural release of all pain so the soul can receive and give love as if that pain never existed. Thus, in the present moment the soul can divinely love in all wisdom. Emotional pain is manifested from the soul lacking divine love and truth. When the soul is full of divine love, then that pain can no longer be created. This forgiveness is the active ingredient of love that severs the negative affects of the past upon the present and makes it a non-active ingredient of the divine soul, which is essential in creating a harmonious present moment.
- Memories Refashioned. Related to divine forgiveness is the past being reframed by the divine consciousness so that instead of having a negative impact on the present, it has a positive. When the divine consciousness begins to take over a soul, all the soul’s past experiences are reframed and perceived from the framework of divine love and eternity, which is facilitated by the understandings mentioned in the previous post. This reframing enables harmony to be constructed within the present moment.
- Cycle of Restitution. As the soul fully desires to divinely love all creation at all times, its inward desires align to the will of God, thus to the divine consciousness. In desiring to live in this pure love, the soul realizes it can’t in its current state of consciousness, thus recognizes it can never be “good”. Recognizing this inability to receive and give divine love and yet desiring to, the soul is led to the door of the kingdom of God within its soul; the internal divine governance. The soul releases its willful drive of the self-determined mind, which enables its transition into the present moment where it’s divinely governed and all is restored and renewed. (True Repentance)
- Cultivated Trust. Reliance on the Spirit of Truth is cultivated along the path of enlightenment, which puts the soul in a state of being spirit-reliant versus self-reliant. For a soul to shift to the living present moment, it relinquishes all its expectations and ambitions of self-determination. Instead, the soul trusts in the workings of the Spirit of Truth to manifest its divine desires in its reality through the perfect orchestration of one present moment harmoniously supporting all others. This depth and level of trust manifests an immortal harmony that the soul can’t create on its own and that is necessary to fully abide in the present moment.
- Divine Governance. When the soul is governed by the divine consciousness, it’s governed from within by the divine attributes of the Sprit of God, which flow from the soul’s point of origin. These attributes dictate and motivate the soul’s decisions moment by moment. In this, the soul willingly releases all control and its various emotional tools it utilized to sedate the fear, pain and emotional imbalances, and moves into the fluid restorative movement of the present. Through this internal governance the soul resides in mindful awareness in the present moment, which enables it to harmoniously expand, versus remaining in the endless cycle of an erroneous past and its future manifestations.
As the divine consciousness fills the pregnant present moment containing the conceptual frameworks of truth within the soul, these five transformative understandings move the soul into the present moment to embrace a oneness with the Spirit of God. This metamorphosis of consciousness manifests the soul into an eternal finite being. So that even though at any given moment the soul is finite; at the same time it is eternally expanding and growing. In this formation, the Spirit of God, who is infinite, is able to abide within his creation in a beautiful harmonious oneness.
Related Post from September 26, 2011: Being Present Minded