Forsaking Suffering & Embracing Life
Do not be deceived, God is not mocked; for whatever a man sows, that he will also reap.
As you connect and become a part of the divine nature, all that isn’t of it is purged from your life. As you connect to God’s perfect love and truth, it reshapes you from within thus recreates your reality. This transition is leaving death and entering into life. It’s being born of the spirit. It’s gaining a spirit-mind in place of a flesh-mind. It’s leaving the pit and entering into the kingdom of heaven.
To live from a flesh-mind is to abide in the pit; it’s a tortuous place on many levels. Thus to leave the pit, you have to leave all the tortuous/harmful behaviors behind. You have to cease to be a creator and a “proliferator” of harm, and instead embrace the liberty, healing and redemption of a new pure mind of wisdom and love; the mind of Christ. It’s a state of mind in which you are dependent on God’s wisdom to direct you step by step.
Do you want to be healed? Jesus asked the man of an infirmity of 38 years? John 5:5-6
People surprising are unwilling to leave or address what causes harm in their lives to themselves and others. They are unwilling to leave the pit ultimately because of their lack of understanding of the pure wisdom of God; so shouldn’t all be seeking that wisdom? Proverbs 10:21
Death, the pit, the flesh mind is an arena where love doesn’t exist because it’s a separation from God, who is love. In the absence of love; all that is left are unloving actions causing harm to ourselves and others; and often torturous. 1 John 5:19
We have to seek what true love is; thus to truly know our heavenly Father. We have to learn to leave the pit and that means stop engaging in harmful thoughts, words and actions. Ask God to reveal them in your life. Haggai 1:6-7
Here are some areas to consider:
- Our consumption. There is massive cruelty done to animals in regards to the foods we eat; meat, dairy, eggs, the products we use, and the clothes/shoes we buy. This world has done a surprisingly good job of covering up this horrific treatment of animals. Seek this truth then choose to be a vessel of honor .. to all. Let your love, the Father’s love, be known to all; even the least of them. Seek to walk in this love. (A Cry Against Hypocrisy & Cruelty)
- Our words. Words can be healing or destructive. People easily harm others by the unkind words they speak and the lies they propagate as truth. James 3:8 Let your words be words of life by letting God establish them. For as you speak so shall your life reflect.
- Supporting institutions of oppression; which there are many.
- Holding fast to a false image of God which promotes good as evil and evil as good. (ie, eternal torment doctrine)
- Feeding the lust image; men in desiring it and women in trying to be it. Both create massive ripple effects of destruction. There is a vast continuum in this area, seek to be off the continuum completely as Jesus spoke of. By seeking Truth, this lust spirit can be starved and replaced with true love. Matthew 5:28-29
- Criticizing, judging, holding grudges, unwilling to forgive, resentments, bitterness, anger. Many hold onto these behaviors to “punish” others, to feel justified, and as a form of personal vengeance. These destroy those who hold them.
- Staying in abusive relationships, and being abusive to ourselves, which takes on many faces. (Separation vs. Healing in Relationships)
Seek to understand how you are holding onto the pit by the harm you are holding onto in this life. Let all be purged but what is of the purest of wisdom and love. Malachi 3:2-3
Christ is returning within. If people continue to wait for an outside happening, they will remain blind to the call within them to walk in the spirit of grace that enables them to walk in righteousness. That walk transitions us into new creations. It is these who seek and grow in the righteousness of Christ working them who will abide in peace.
Zephaniah 2:3 Seek the Lord, all you meek of the earth, Who have upheld His justice. Seek righteousness, seek humility. It may be that you will be hidden In the day of the Lord’s anger.
February 22, 2013 at 4:43 pm
you remind me of Dr. Quinn,
February 24, 2013 at 11:31 am
When i was a pre teen, i was weened in love from this music group, Bread. The music is wholesome, lovely and as close to faithfull as i ever knew then, even now i hear your podcast message in the breath of it; Have a listen and let us know what you think. Or perhaps just let it swim within.. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qJc0BX2qmHU
February 26, 2013 at 11:54 am
Thanks for sharing .. haven’t listened to them much.
March 12, 2013 at 7:34 pm
It’s a good post.Thanks for sharing.
April 3, 2013 at 2:47 am
Hi Rachel. I would like to ask; how do you get all these amazing revelations ? what did you do to transform yourself from the flesh-mind to the spirit mind ? I am just trying to understand how l can do the same and get to know and understand God and have Him be in control of my life. How do l get to embrace this life in Christ ?
April 4, 2013 at 10:23 am
Hi Leonah, such kind words .. thank you for them. And yet there is so much to learn. We will be learning for an eternity … because life grows. But what started me on my journey was I took Matthew 6:33 very seriously .. and sought to know the eternal spirit of pure love, the consummation of the heavenly Father, in all truth and spirit – willing to let go of all that wasn’t of Him and willing to embrace what was.
Matthew 6:33 “But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you.
Hebrews 11:6 But without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him.
April 6, 2013 at 12:34 am
many thanks Rachel,
November 3, 2013 at 12:21 pm
“Feeding the lust image; men in desiring it and women in trying to be it. Both create massive ripple effects of destruction. There is a vast continuum in this area, seek to be off the continuum completely as Jesus spoke of. By seeking Truth, this lust spirit can be starved and replaced with true love.”
This might be one of the largest social problems we face today as the power of advertising, marketing, and media continues to grow especially in it’s dissemination of pornographic materials which regardless of what’s defenders say is not a harmless vice and hurts intimacy and how men and women relate to one another. The commodification of sexuality is so pervasive now that sex has come to seem oppressive and ugly. A very sad state of affairs indeed.