Response to Videos
on Hell as Eternal Torment
This post is in response to the videos I posted last week on hell which challenged the wide-spread belief that hell is eternal torment. I scripturally demonstrated the righteous love and mercy of God, which knows no bounds. Romans 8:38-39 God’s love will prevail, nothing less till He fills all, for He is love.
Over the years of seeking to know God in truth and spirit, God has revealed Himself to me to be far more merciful and loving than I ever imagined; a different God from what I learned in the church system. I realized what I previously held was an image of God taught to me by others as I never truly sought with all my heart, soul and mind to know the true living God. God is beyond all religions and mankind’s imaginations. He is life. He is love. He is. Religions, though each holds an aspect of truth thus their appeal, craft false images of God. This is why Christ didn’t establish a religion, but gave us two commandments. Mark 12:30-31 He removed any “system” and gave us Himself.
As I’ve sought to know God as He is, His righteous love and grace have astounded me, and it continues to. We dwell in the shadow of death, when you get glimpses of life, it’s far more beautiful, pure and of righteous love than anything on this earth. The god of eternal torment isn’t God, but the God who gave His very life so that all torment in a deceived mankind would come to an end. 1 Corinthians 15:55
In the videos, I presented some aspects of what God has taught me thus far about His amazing plan of salvation, far bigger and more perfect than mainstream philosophies. What I found exciting in the perfect righteous love it contained, other professing Christians strongly rejected because it didn’t include their understanding of hell as eternal torment. They weren’t willing to consider the scriptural reasons opposing the concept of eternal torment. They held tight to their doctrine rejecting anything contrary, even a message of eternal mercy and love. Some cut me off so that they would no longer “buy and sell” with me, because I didn’t bear the mark (belief) of a god who torments souls forever. 1 Chronicles 16:34 It was an eye opening experience, and thus this post.
God has shown us throughout history how easily deceived and misled mankind can be, even His people. He has shown how people are trapped in death and lies and can’t see true life, even when He is standing right in front of them. Luke 23:34 They can’t save themselves. They are blind. They can’t believe in the truth to walk and follow the voice of God that leads them into true eternal life. They’re bound by deception for the world is under the sway of the wicked one. 1 John 5:19
Therefore, in Christ, He will give them a new spirit and a new heart to be able to know and walk in His ways. Joel 2:28, Ezekiel 36:26, Hebrews 8:9-11, John 3:8 Without this new spirit, no one can truly know God. We are all dead in our trespasses. This giving of His spirit is the salvation and grace of God. One day all will believe in Christ, because He will be reigning. (True belief is walking in His ways of truth/righteous love not just acknowledging Him, even the demons believe and tremble James 2:19). Every knee will bow to the One whose love delivered them from the pits of hell; from death. God is love. His righteous love will reign. He will fill all and be in all. 1 Corinthians 15:28 All will be holy, all will be righteous, all will be love. That means there will be no more death; nothing left of death or of sin, except the remembrance that it’s no more. This is an AMAZING plan of love and grace that’s been diminished by the eternal torment doctrine.
My encouragement and warning to you is to seek to know God as He is. I say this over and over for I long to you to know the Living God. Learn from Our Teacher. Matthew 23:8 He will teach you all things, if you TRUST HIM. Don’t put your trust in images of God crafted by mankind. Every truth you hold of God bring into question and seek to be taught by God Himself. He will for this is the new covenant and His desire for you.
For those who trust in the image of God as a God of eternal torment, the shame and condemnation will be so great, for they will realize it was an image crafted and powered by Satan, the ultimate lying spirit. Satan crafts many images to deceive and put us in bondage. But God has given us everything we need to know the truth, His Spirit. Learn to listen and be taught by Him.
God is pouring out His spirit to prepare this earth for His return. This spirit teaches us all things which leads us in the paths of righteousness and life. It’s the still small voice saying walk this way. Isaiah 30:21, Hebrews 12:25 Don’t listen to the roaring lions of the enemy seeking to destroy, seek to hear His voice and pray for courage to follow it for it isn’t of the world because it’s the voice of life.
A Few Concepts to Consider:
- Holiness of God can’t have what isn’t holy existing for eternity; why He destroys wickedness. Yet in His love for us, He delivered us, who had wickedness, from being destroyed by giving us His Spirit; possible in Christ.
- God is love. In Christ, He has forgiven mankind, thus can infuse His righteous love spirit into them, thus righteously saving and redeeming. All will learn righteousness. Isaiah 26:9
- God is doing what we couldn’t; by His Spirit He enables us to believe on Him in a world covered in sin and deception. He truly is the Good Shepherd over a very lost fold.
- God is love and righteous. He isn’t one or the other but always both. We can’t split the two to justify man’s intepetation of doctrine. Why would you want to?
- A hell of eternal torment gives Satan, the deceiver of mankind and murderer, the victory.
- Eternal torment makes Satan more powerful than God; for God was unable to save those He wanted to.
- Christ came to save those who couldn’t save themselves; this eternal torment goes against Him, thus the spirit of the anti-Christ.
- It’s counter to the truth, Christ has victory over death.
- It strips the true God of power in the minds of His people and gives it to an image crafted by mankind, powered by the lying spirit of Satan.
- The image blocks people from knowing the true God, thus worshipping a false image.
- It’s a doctrine of fear, not of love. The goodness of God leads to repentance.
- It proliferates the spirit of judgment of ourselves and others instead of abundant grace and forgiveness.
- The list goes on and on …
Seek God’s understanding in this topic. I know some will question my words. Bring your questions to God; don’t shut your ears or harden your hearts to His voice and the amazing love that He has to give you.