Carnal to Spiritual
As we become lights in this world, a reflection of the divine spirit of the heavenly Father, our sensory perceptions change as part of our transformation. They become transmitters of His light into the world. Where we once were governed by our senses from an “outward > in” point of view, we are now governed by an “inward > out” point of view.
Our senses: seeing, hearing, smelling, tasting, and touching, work together to formulate our understanding and perspectives. A carnal mind takes in sensations from the world whose interpretation and understanding are derived from the mass consciousness (cumulative thought of mankind). These sensory perceptions inform us of the physical world. By what we see, hear, smell, taste and touch, we determine want we want and desire as translated by the mass consciousness. Thus, they become the drivers to all kinds of desires directed and governed by the wisdom, understanding, and compulsions of the mass consciousness. For example, you see a picture of a juicy hamburger and the mass consciousness translates that as something to be desired (through its communication channels, media, advertising, etc), thus you desire it.
A spirit mind uses these sensory perceptions in a different way. With the spirit mind, God is in control and governing our thoughts and desires (pure consciousness and NOT mass consciousness), including our sensory receptacles. He translates our sensory perceptions from WITHIN by His divine spirit (pure consciousness). He does this by transforming our sensory modalities from mass consciousness derivatives to pure consciousness outputs. It is no longer what is without that determines our actions, but His sprit that is within. For example, He establishes in us a love for all creation, thus we have cruelty free diets. The images/messages of the hamburger have no impact on our desires, only His understanding, wisdom and love.
Acting by this renewed perception creates a radically different reality as it becomes full of actions grounded in God’s wisdom and love. Christ creates our reality, which is now His, by these renewed sensory communicators. It’s through these senses the character of Christ is pushed out from within us into the world around us. Thus, we are creators (givers) of light and life, and no longer consumers of darkness. He is creating our reality from within out, thus crafting our entire reality into His home, His living temple.
When our sensory perceptions come from “within > out”, they are governed by His spirit, thus our perceptions are formulated in true understanding and wisdom. This heightened and purified understanding travelling through our senses infuses our thoughts, words and behaviors with His nature/light. Understanding, truth, and love implode our senses, thus our lives and the lives of others.
There is a lot here and I’ll be doing videos on them later this week … but here is a brief outline of each with an example.
5 Spiritual Senses
- Eyes of Understanding: All that we see is filtered by His truth, understanding and perfect love (fire of God). Thus we act by faith, and not by sight. Ex: You see others in a framework of perfect love, as God sees them, and in that new vision you are able to give them perfect love.
- Ears of Wisdom: Our ears are attuned to voice of God within us. Through the journey of seeking Him, we’ve learned to hear and follow His voice. As we are fully united to Him, His voice becomes our inner voice. Thus the wisdom for a given situation comes from within. By this wisdom, we live as a spirit being who acts in harmony with His law of love. As we follow that inner voice, His purposes and will are manifested in the world. Ex: The inner voice gives you counsel on how to respond to a certain situation. You follow and peace is created where peace once wasn’t. This hearing creates an incredible reality reflecting His wisdom.
- Smell of discernment: This sense relays the true nature of something or someone. It picks up the fragrance of life versus the stench of death. It’s like the sense of when something “smells fishy” (suspicious). It gives us an accurate knowing of someone or something, as God desires us to know, that enables us to respond in line with God’s character. For example, your ability to discern between true prophets and false ones, or accurate teachings and deceptions.
- Taste of desire: Our taste is what directs our desires. What we have a taste for or not is what we desire or don’t. As our desires are now His, our tastes for things, activities, people, ways, will be His. Ex: We no longer have a taste (desire) for violent movies, or we no longer have a taste for meat.
- Touch of healing: Our touch directs how we interact in our physical lives with the world around us. When He governs our touch, every behavior and act is done out of perfect love, truly a healing touch. Ex: Your actions toward your spouse are out of perfect love and nothing else.
As we are united to the divine through Christ, all our senses are regenerated to reflect the wisdom, character, nature, understanding and love of the heavenly Father. It’s Him, in us, pouring Himself into the world though these modalities, thus we are lights to the world, His light.
These transformed sensory communicators allow the spirit of life to shine outward from us, where before in the carnal mind we gathered to ourselves what we wanted from our senses.
The transformations of our senses enable the shining of our lamps. Among others, there are three ways those with these modalities will shine. They will possess:
- Greater wisdom, thus becoming smarter as they are operating by the wisdom of God in their circumstances.
- Increasing loving kindness pouring forth from an abundance mindset.
- Ability to abide in and create peace and harmony.
These are the fruit bearing trees. There is a lot here to consider, may you see the magnificent power, perfection, beauty and love these transformations create within thus without.
June 18, 2013 at 8:44 am
Even cats eat meat,
and they are the most
loving of creatures.
It’s not our, love but
God’s Love for us,
the meat on, our
June 18, 2013 at 12:05 pm
I have nominated you for a WordPress Family blog award! Please check it out 🙂 http://legionbegone.wordpress.com/
July 2, 2013 at 7:51 pm